The best way to learn more about what we’re interested in, and about ourselves in the process, is to read. Therefore, HouseHunt has put together a list of 15 books for real estate agents in order to help you further your real estate education.
1. The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
This book was recommended by numerous agents who said the book:
• gives a good summary of the business and how to be successful
• offers a good foundation, mindset and a way to set goals
• provides a step-by-step guide for how to reach your potential and build “the business of your dreams”
• is full of practical information that “truly inspires a person to grow personally and professionally”
• is perfect for any agent wanting to learn the ropes of real estate
2. 21 Things I Wish My Broker Had Told Me by Frank Cook
Agents said this book provides practical advice for new real estate professionals: “There are so many things out there that a person doesn’t really understand until they’ve experienced it.”
3. How to List and Sell Real Estate: Executing New Basics for Higher Profits by Danielle Kennedy
Agents recommend Kennedy’s book because it has the ability to help you unleash you true real estate potential. This gem offers insider tricks, including hosting a mid-week open house, that can benefit your business for years to come.
4. Sell With Soul: Reality & Rewards for New Real Estate Agents by Jennifer Allan
This book focuses on the real-world of real estate. Showing both the good and bad sides of the industry, Allan offers her real-life experiences to give her advice proper context. Perfect for new agents seeking advice and experienced agents interested in how others go about their real estate careers.
5. Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times by Gary Keller
A guidebook for real estate agents, Shift explains the ups and downs of the real estate market, including the booming seller’s market from 2001 to 2007 and the subsequent down turn. Keller offers advice on how to operate your real estate business in order to survive and thrive with every market shift.
6. Selling Luxury Homes by Jack Cotton
This book gives a great introduction to the luxury real estate market for any agent interested in working in this niche. Told from an insider with decades of experience, this book offers a step-by-step guide for breaking into the luxury market and information about how to be successful in most any business.
7. Purple Cow by Seth Godin
This book is all about being different and remarkable when it comes to your business. Although not specifically targeted to real estate agents, the advice Godin gives about marketing a unique business is something realtors can use to their advantage.
8. Your First Year in Real Estate by Dirk Zeller
Perfect for new agents, Zeller’s book offers tips on how to avoid first year mistakes, select the right brokerage, use the internet and social networking, and develop mentor and client relationships.
9. 99 Ways to Make Money in Real Estate: Finding a Niche That Pays by Tameka Bryant
This book is about niche identification, targeted marketing, and different ways to make money in real estate.
10. Peoplework: How to Run a People-First Business in a Digital-First World by Austin Allison & Chris Smith
Peoplework focuses on keeping people first in your business, real estate or otherwise. Laying out timeless principles of working with people, the authors focus on how to attract customers and increase productivity in this digital age.
11. How to Become a Power Agent in Real Estate by Darryl Davis
Effectively outlining how to make money in real estate, this book is suitable for new or seasoned real estate agents. Offering advice on how to manage your time and build your business effectively, Davis gives readers proven techniques to follow.
12. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
A business classic, Hill’s book outlines the thirteen steps to success and the seventeen principles of success that he gleaned from Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell and John D. Rockefeller, to name a few.
13. The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do About It by Michael Gerber
Michael Gerber dispels myths surrounding starting your own business and what approach to take to effectively grow it. He urges owners to set clear goals and benchmarks in order to avoid being overworked and underpaid.
14. The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
This book was recommended because it teaches agents how to overcome the “dip” in the real estate business. As the book summary states, “the bigger the barrier, the bigger the reward for getting past it.”
15. Million Dollar Agent: Brokering the Dream by Josh Flagg
Flagg’s book focuses on his creative approach to the luxury real estate market, pricing a home realistically, and how a change of perspective can greatly impact your real estate business.
Do you have any other recommendations for great books for real estate agents? Please leave them in the comments box below.