We recently stumbled across a great infographic by MyProperty and decided to share what we learned from it. Here are 10 quick marketing tips for real estate agents, both on and offline. Make sure your real-world and virtual efforts are balanced—don’t focus too much on one arena and forget about the other!
- Create brand recall with business cards, personalized mugs, pens and other things to give away to prospective clients.
- Employ word-of-mouth to publicize your work. Talk yourself up!
- Showcase your skills in the biz through open houses. Show off your real estate know-how to prospective clients.
- Make brochures, flyers, and other literature promoting your listings and success and pass them out to everyone (local businesses, homeowners, etc).
- Run ads about your real estate business in newspapers, local magazines, and other print outlets.
- Launch a well-designed website to increase your online visibility and enhance your online reputation.
- Create a blog on your site and post creative, relevant and updated content on a regular basis (at least three times a week).
- Start an e-newsletter on your site and promote it to visitors via a pop-up or fixed subscription box.
- Create profiles on multiple social media sites and promote yourself, your services and your website on these platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, Active Rain, etc).
- Engage with other agents, brokers, inspectors, home stagers and other professionals on other blogs, social media sites, and forums.
If you are already doing these things, you’ve got a great head start! Keep up the great work: continue your real-world efforts offline, and keep engaging and posting online.
If you don’t quite have the above list checked off just yet, don’t worry. The fact that you’re even reading this is the first step. Pick what you most enjoy from the list and tackle those things first!